|Alguien dijo ...|
|¿Por qué esta magnífica tecnología científica, que ahorra trabajo y nos hace la vida más fácil, nos aporta tan poca felicidad? La repuesta es esta, simplemente: porque aún no hemos aprendido a usarla con tino. |
Físico estadounidense de origen alemán.
|AMD Geode™ LX Processor Continues To Demonstrate Industry Leadership With Strong Customer Demand|
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -One year after its introduction to the market, the AMD Geode™ LX processor family continues to build momentum and industry demand. AMD (NYSE: AMD) launched low-power, high-performance AMD Geode LX processors at Computex 2005 to offer developers a smart choice for unique, full-featured devices, enabling extended functionality, small form factors and long battery life. The processor’s versatile, industry-standard x86 architecture allows developers to bring highly integrated solutions to market, meeting diverse needs.
Today, AMD’s embedded x86 solutions are being used to address specialized needs within a variety of industries, including corporate thin clients, ultramobile and tablet computing devices, set-top boxes, storage appliances, and single board computer (SBC) applications such as industrial automation equipment, information and medical appliances, point-of-sale terminals and kiosks, and communications infrastructure.
The AMD Geode LX processor family offers the low power and high performance that design engineers need to create a broad range of small form factor solutions that take advantage of the extensive x86 software base.
“AMD Geode LX processors help our customers offer choice, value and differentiated solutions to meet critical needs within the commercial and consumer markets they serve,” said Greg White, vice president of AMD’s Embedded Computing Solutions Division. “We are seeing diverse applications ranging from hosted thin clients to ultramobile PCs, thanks to the flexibility and functionality of our x86 technology.”
The AMD Geode LX firstname.lastname@example.orgW* processor offers the highest performance per watt solution available today in the 32-bit x86 industry, while supporting increased memory bandwidth through a DDR interface and enhanced I/O throughput with USB2.0. These features allow engineers to design innovative products optimized with long battery life, compact and fanless form factors, enhanced mobility and the high performance that customers expect from AMD technology. With the ability to support Windows XP, XP Embedded and Linux operating systems, this processor family also provides simplified programming and a familiar user environment for consumers’ convenience.
“Incorporating the AMD Geode LX processor into the Lippert Hurricane-LX800 EPIC SBC was a simple decision given the combined benefits of low power consumption and outstanding performance,” said Peter Lippert, CEO, LiPPERT Embedded Computers. “The platform is extremely simple to work with and we were able to bring our latest SBC module to market quickly and easily.”
The following companies are among those manufacturers worldwide currently offering products featuring AMD Geode LX processors:
* Advantech: SOM-4455 SOM-ETX and PCM-9375 3.5"SBC
* Cogent Computer Systems, Inc: CSB790 LX800 SO-DIMM Computer
* Congatech AG: conga-ELX (ETX Embedded Computer Module) and conga-XLX (XTX Embedded Computer Module) SBCs
* Digital Logic: MICROSPACE MSM800SEV PC/104 SBC
* DT Research: WebDT 166 modular thin client, WebDT 168 modular thin client, WebDT 550/570 integrated LCD, WebDT 870/880 mounted touch panel, WebDT 366 LX wireless tablet
* Evalue Technology: EMB-9655 Mini-ITX board
* Fujitsu Siemens: Futro A-200 Series thin client for server based computing
* IEI Technology Corp: WAFER-LX 3.5” SBC and ETX-LX CPU Module SBC
* KONTRON Embedded Modules GmbH: MOPSlcdLX PC/104plus SBC, ETX-LX SBC
* LiPPERT Embedded Computers: Hurricane-LX800 EPIC SBC
* Logic Product Development: SOMKX800 and Zoom™ DB800 SBC
* MSC Vertriebs GmbH: MSC ET(e)-GLX low-power Module ETX SBC
* Pepper Computer/ Hanbit Electronics: Pepper Pad 3 handheld Web player, delivers a seamless user experience for entertainment and communication services built around the convergence of the Web and digital media.
Jueves, 08 Junio, 2006 - 05:05