|Alguien dijo ...|
|Son los que saben poco, y no los que saben más, quienes afirman tan positivamente que este o aquel problema nunca será resuelto por la ciencia,|
|Intersil Releases the Only Controller that Supports Three Major Power Functions in Notebook Computing|
MILPITAS, CA, – Intersil Corporation, a world leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance analog semiconductors, today introduced the ISL6236, a high-efficiency, multi-function quad output controller. This device reduces engineering resources by allowing designers to qualify one part for all three power functions within the architecture of a notebook computer
This device is the industry’s only power supply controller that provides designers the flexibility to externally program the switchers and the LDO to different voltages to support either 3.3V to 5V system regulation, DDR (double data rate) memory or graphics processing.
"The ability to externally program the switchers and LDO allows for greater design flexibility,” said Majid Kafi, director of Intersil’s Notebook Power products group. “The ability to use one chip for all three power functions will save engineering time and costs associated with qualifying parts.”
The ISL6236, with a wide input voltage range from 5.5V to 25V, utilizes a constant on-time topology that eliminates the need for compensation, minimizing external components and offering fast transient response. Other features include pulse skip mode and ultrasonic pulse skip mode which provide high light-load efficiency and extended battery life. Ultrasonic pulse-skipping maintains the switching frequency above 25kHz to eliminate noise in audio applications.
Greater Flexibility, Faster Transient Response and Improved Efficiency
Intersil’s ISL6236 dual step-down switch-mode power supply (SMPS) controller generates logic supply voltages in battery-powered systems.
This device includes two adjustable PWM (pulse width modulation) controllers that can be configured to two fixed-output combinations: 5V/3.3V or 1.5V/1.05V. The output of SMPS1 can also be adjusted from 0.7V to 5.5V, while the SMPS2 output can be adjusted from 0.5V to 2.5V by setting the REFIN2 voltage. LDO output is either fixed 3.3V/5.0V or adjustable from 0.7V to 4.5V. The fourth output of this quad controller is the voltage reference which can either be 3.3V or 2.0V.
A constant on-time PWM control scheme operates without sense resistors and provides 100ns response to load transients while maintaining a relatively constant switching frequency. The ISL6236 includes on-board power-up sequencing, power good (POK) outputs, digital soft start and internal soft stop output discharge that prevents negative voltages on shutdown.
* Wide input voltage range 5.5V to 25V
* Dual fixed 1.05V/3.3V or 1.5V/5.0V outputs or adjustable 0.7V to 5.5V (SMPS1) and 0.5V to 2.5V (SMPS2), 5% accuracy
* Fixed LDO output from 3.3V/5.0V, or adjustable output from 0.7V to 4.5V, 1.5%. LDO capable of sourcing up to 200mA
* Secondary feedback input (maintains charge pump voltage)
* 1.7mSec digital soft start and independent shutdown
* Boot capacitor UV detection
* 3.3V ref voltage 1.5%: 5mA
* 2.0V ref voltage 1.0%: 50µA
* Constant on-time control with 100nSec load-step response
* Frequency selectable
* RDSON current sensing
* Programmable current limit with foldback capability
* Temperature compensation for RSDON sensing
* Selectable PWM, skip or ultrasonic mode
* Independent POK1 and POK2 comparators
* Soft start with pre-biased output and soft stop
* Independent enable
* High efficiency – up to 97%
* Very high light-load efficiency (skip mode, ultrasonic skip mode)
* 5mW quiescent power dissipation
* Thermal shutdown
* Extremely low component count
* Notebook and sub-notebook computers
* PDAs and mobile communication devices
* 3- and 4-cell Li+ battery-powered devices
* DDR1, DDR2 and DDR3 power supplies
* Graphic cards
* Game consoles
About Intersil’s Power Management Portfolio
Intersil’s high-performance analog ICs provide innovative power management solutions for applications in the computing, communications, peripherals, display, networking, telecommunications, industrial, instrumentation and battery-powered products markets. Intersil is a leading supplier of PWM controller ICs with over two billion units shipped. Intersil offers a broad portfolio of power management ICs, including single and multiple output switching regulators, integrated FET DC/DC controllers, battery management ICs, hot plug controllers and power MOSFET drivers. To learn more, visit Intersil’s Power Management page at https://www.intersil.com/power.
Viernes, 08 Diciembre, 2006 - 08:58